Water Soluble - Habcool 312 Emulsion
An extreme pressure water soluble fluid,
for production machining
of steels including the toughest alloys. HABCOOL 312
is an advanced E.P. water soluble fluid designed for use
the newest production machine tools. HABCOOL 312
is the result of over eighty years of research and experience
in the manufacture of industrial and metal cutting
oils. HABCOOL 312 will economically machine non-ferrous
and all steels, including stainless.
HABCOOL 312 will not harm fine machine tools
- Will not gum or foam
- Contains an effective rust inhibitor
- Will not soften machine paint finishes
HABCOOL 312 is economical to use
- Reduces rejects to a minimum
- Produces excellent finishes
- Stops chip welding
- Drains well from chips
HABCOOL 312 is pleasant and safe to work with
- Has an effective germicide for complete bacteria control
- No unpleasant odor
- Eliminates annoying smoke
Stable water, oil emulsions are important when using soluble
- Always mix the oil into the water, never the reverse.
- Cleanliness of the machine reservoir is important if
the maximum life is to be obtained from the emulsion.
- Accurate mixes are important. Once the correct
mix is determined, the amount of oil to water must be consistent if the
maximum tool life and economy are to be assured. The
best results are obtained by
mixing the product in a separate container not in the machine tool itself.
- For steel, including stainless, a recommended
starting mix would be 8-10 parts water to 1 part
312 Emulsion. For free machining steels, mixes of 15 to 1 will work satisfactorily
For grinding of hardened tool steels, a mix of 30-40 parts water to 1
part 312 Emulsion is recommended.
HABCOOL 312 contains rust inhibitors
and an efficient germicide. Mixes beyond 30 to 1 may reduce
of these additives.
747 Water Soluble Oil
A medium duty mineral oil based
soluble for general machining
Does not contain sulphur or chlorine.